This is a standard Laserforce mission. Players play as individuals and zap any other player that they encounter. Players have unlimited shots and unlimited lives, so cannot be eliminated before the game ends.
When zapped, a player is deactivated for six to eight seconds. During the last two seconds the player’s phaser is inactive but the player can be zapped again, so seek a safe hiding place! At the end of this down time, the player is reactivated and can carry on playing.
Bonus points are awarded for destroying in-field targets. To destroy an in-field target, the player must zap it three times in a row without missing or being zapped themselves. All in-field targets are considered neutral and as such may be destroyed by all players.
Zapping other players and destroying the in-field targets accumulates special points. Special points are required to activate some of the advanced special abilities available in this mission. See the separate special abilities listing for a detailed list of the special abilities available.
- After deactivating an opponent, a player cannot zap that same opponent again unless either: the opponent reactivates, the player zaps someone else, or the player activates a “Reset” special ability.
- Special abilities become available only as the player increases their member’s skill level. It is not possible for a player to change skill levels during a mission.
- Each time a special ability is used, the requirements for it increase making it more difficult to obtain or more expensive to use the next time.
- A high level player may need to zap a low level player up to three times before they are deactivated.
- High level players are more vulnerable to being zapped while deactivated.
- The “Missile” and “Nuke” special abilities affect only those opponents who are of a high enough level to possess the same ability.
- Standard Game Length: 10 minutes.
The standard six skill levels are implemented. See separate skill levels listing for a detailed list of skill levels.
Zap opponent: scores 100 points, + 10 x level difference, + 1 Special Point
Missile opponent: scores 500 points, + 100 x level difference, + 2 Special Points
Destroy in-field target: scores 801 points, + 5 Special Points
Detonate Nuke: scores 500 points (Level 6 only)